Monday, March 28, 2011

Paying attention to instructions is important

So as I mentioned in a previous post, I am trying to teach myself to crochet.  I started by watching some videos on youtube.  I practiced a couple times, then started my first crocheted blanket.  I thought everything was going good, but I noticed that once again my blanket was getting smaller with each row. 
So I watched the video tutorials on Lionbrand.com.  It turns out I was forgetting to do one chain at the end of every row.  Not only that I was doing the single crochet wrong.  I should have been hooking it underneath both parts of each stitch, but I was only hooking it under one.  Does that make any sense?
I don't feel like tearing out all the work I had done on my blanket, I will just continue on but now I will do it the right way. 
I wish I had watched the tutorial on Lionbrand first, it was much more helpful than the ones on youtube.  Oh well, lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment