Friday, March 25, 2011

Learning to crochet

I have decided to teach myself how to crochet.  I tried once in high school, it didn't go well.  I didn't know anyone who knew how to crochet so I went to the library and got a book on how to crochet.   I forgot my library card at home so I just photocopied the first couple pages from the book, then I went home and read them.  I started by trying to make some cotton dish cloths.  It started out great, but for some reason I ended up with triangles instead of squares.  So I gave up on crochet and went back to knitting.

I have heard people say that crocheting is much easier than knitting.  Well I am pretty good at knitting, so I decided to give crochet another shot.  I bought a set of used crochet hooks in a nice little case and decided to give it another try.  This time I am learning by watching videos on Youtube.
I'm not going to lie.  I still suck at crocheting.  But I am not going to give it up.   I will get better eventually...right?

Well dear readers I am open to any suggestion on how to improve my crochet skills.  Does anyone have a book to recommend?  Maybe I should see if they have "Crochet for Dummies"

No comments:

Post a Comment