Sunday, February 6, 2011

Forgot this one in my last blog post.

I forgot to show off this little keepsake box in my last post.

This box is very similar to this keepsake box (as seen in my previous post)

Both keepsake boxes were very easy to make.  Both started out as unpainted wood boxes from the dollar store.  The yellow one was simply painted inside and out with acrylic paint and then the flower was added to the top.  The flower came from the scrapbook section of the dollar store.
The teal one (the color is a little off in the pictures) was painted inside and out.  I then added the ribbon around the bottom piece and then handpainted the design on top, and added the dots around the edge of the top.
The dollar store it this crafter's best friend.  My favorite dollar store has a large selection of unpainted wood boxes, and paints.  I also love their scrapbook supplies.  I also use dollar store tupperware for storage (for beads, polymer clay etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment